A new IFS standard was published in November, 2009: the IFS HPC, for Household and Personal Care products under private labels (retailer brands).
The products included in the scope of the standard are:
Cosmetic products = Personal care products - Skin contact
- Includes all the products described in the Cosmetic legislation (e.g. shampoo, toothpaste, lubrication strip of shavers, washable temporary tattoos, cosmetic wipes, make up for dolls or children, skin patches and substances applied with skin-patches, etc.)
Household chemical products
- Cleaning and polishing products, as well as impregnated products intended for household and car activities (e.g. detergents, all products intended for cleaning activities, liquid or wipes, window cleaners, etc.). It also includes specific cleaning products e.g. products for swimming pools.
- Products and materials that are intended to improve the air odor (e.g. air freshener sprays or aerosols, candles, etc.)
- Insecticide products.
Housekeeping properties – Food and skin contact
- Materials and articles described in the Regulation (EC) N° 1935/2004, which are intended to come into contact with food (e.g. plastic and carton cups/forks/plates, aluminum foils, products for "daily use", etc.)
- Other kinds of materials and articles (e.g. sponges, dustbin plastic bags, etc.)
Products for personal hygiene - Skin contact
- Products or materials that are intended for human body care, except cosmetic products (e.g. hair brushes, shavers, tissues, some medical devices class 1, diapers, feminine hygiene, wigs, artificial lashes, artificial nails, jewelry, etc.)
- Product or materials that are intended to come into contact with the inside of the mouth (e.g. toothbrush, adhesive toothpaste, dental floss, dental wood/plastic sticks, etc.)